Patients who are new to Beechwood Dental Practice will be delighted to experience thorough, unhurried appointments and tailored dental care. Please allow up to 40 minutes for your new patient appointment, which gives Bournemouth dentist Dr Anthony Inman time to get to know you and make a full assessment of your needs.
During this consultation your past dental and medical histories will be discussed, as well as your aspirations for the future care of your mouth. We will carry out a detailed examination of your mouth, including your teeth, gums, soft tissues and jaw joints. Also included are any necessary x-rays. A detailed treatment plan will then be prepared, which will include full details and the price, should any treatment be required.
Education is the key to securing a lifetime of healthy teeth and we teach our younger patients the best way to clean and care for their teeth so that they learn the correct techniques from an early age. Regular dental visits are really important and should start after their first tooth appears. You are welcome to bring very young children with you to your appointments so that they can get to know us and grow up enjoying their visits to the dentist.
Caring for your mouth - and your wellbeing
At Beechwood Dental Practice Bournemouth we have always tried to promote the importance of good mouth care, both in the prevention of disease and in the maintenance of a healthy mouth.
A good dental routine at home coupled with our meticulous hygiene care are essential for a healthy mouth. Dental disease, including gum disease and dental decay, is largely preventable and regular visits to our dental hygienist, Elkie, can significantly reduce the need for treatment by your dentist and save discomfort, inconvenience and money in the future.
Our dental hygiene service will help you feel more confident about your smile by:
- Making your mouth feel healthier & smell fresher
- Showing you how to stop decay at the first signs
- Keeping your gums in the pink
- Removing all stains from tea, coffee, red wine and curries etc
- Acting as your friend and mentor as you strive to have teeth for life
- Cleaning and polishing your teeth to keep them sparkling
- Helping to reduce the sensitivity in your teeth and/or gums
- Reducing the need for dental treatment in the future
- Brush twice a day for two minutes using a fluoride toothpaste and spit don’t rinse after brushing (as rinsing washes away the fluoride)
- Visit your dentist and hygienist regularly so that we can spot any problems early - before they come painful and expensive to treat.
- Change your toothbrush every three months - any longer and toothbrushes stop working as effectively and start to harbour nasty germs.